The island of Oleron
Ideally located, our 3 star campsite is close to many tourist sites to discover as a couple or with the family.
To discover near the campsite:
– Its nature reserves: Marais aux Oiseaux, guided tours, the Oyster Route, the salt marshes and its salt production.
– Its heritage and its strongholds: the citadel of Château d’Oléron, Fort Louvois, Fort Boyard, its lighthouses including Chassiron (46 meters high), its many museums…
– Its sea trips: fishing or walks from Saint-Denis via La Rochelle, Ile d’Aix and Ile Madame, visits to oyster beds.
– Its nature side: dunes, forests, the little train of Saint Trojan winds through the forest massif at the edge of the ocean – fine sand of Grand village, or rocky coasts, generous waves towards Domino (surfing…).
– Its craftsmanship: the old multicolored oyster huts have been given a new lease on life by opening up to artists and creators (le Château, Saint Denis).
– Its activities: generous waves at Domino, surf spot at la-Brée-les-Bains.
– His visits on Oleron: the oyster farming and natural site of Fort Royer, the Moulin des Loges, the discovery of the rocky foreshore, the little train of the Château d’Oléron…